Explore birds and Inuit art with artist Kenojuak Ashevak. This box inspires children to read Kenojuak’s story, design a bird mask, make a bird’s nest. explore Inuit art and create an Inuit sculpture.
The Bird Box inspired by Kenojuak Ashevak
Kenojuak was born in an igloo on South Baffin Island, Canada. She produced a vast body of work and her work has been exhibited around the world. Kenojuak is work and attitude to life is inspirational - she overcame lots of loss in her life but never gave up drawing and painting.
- Filled with four textile-inspired activities and a story about Kenojuak Ashevak
- Encourages children to be curious, there are no rules!
- Tips for parents on how to support their child to explore
- Illustration by Rebecca Lea Williams
- Cards are printed on environmentally and responsibly sourced card that can be kept and reused
What materials are inside the box?
- White paper
- Coloured paper
- Mask template
- feather and beak template
- Biodegradable balloon
- Owl template
- Feathers + shred paper
- Box of 12 felt pens
This box comes in two sizes:
Make and wonder art club is made for 3 to 10-year-old children. but older children and grown-ups may enjoy creating too. Unfortunately due to small parts and long string, it is not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
- We currently ship to the UK only. Shipping is calculated on weight at checkout. For example, First-class UK shipping for 1 single box is £2.70
- Single boxes are mailed in an A4 cardboard mailing box, multiple boxes are sent in a mailing bag
- Orders are shipped within 3-5 working days
We are committed to zero waste and the art box is not shipped in an additional mailing box or bag. They are shipped in an A4 cardboard box with the art club sticker on one side and the postage label on the reverse. If you would like your box shipped in a mailing bag please email us and we can add the additional postage to your order.
Gifts: You can add a personalised gift message at the checkout
Lovely box, the perfect gift for a birthday present